About Voluntary Sector Training
We are a specialist, not for profit training provider working with the voluntary sector to help them work more efficiently, improve skills and knowledge and deliver even better services to their clients.
We were established in 1999 thanks to a Lottery grant to provide training in Uttlesford. Since then, we've expanded all over Essex and beyond and delivered over 2,000 courses supporting well over 20,000 people. We are able to offer some subsidised training thanks to grants from funders but we also rely heavily on course fee income to deliver our services.
Read our latest Annual Report here >
How Voluntary Sector Training can help you
From management and leadership to communications and fundraising, we can meet all your charity's training needs - at a cost you can afford. Our current charges for open training courses can be viewed here and are tiered according to the income of organisation so that our training is accessible for all sizes of charities and community groups or others associated with the sector.
We run regular half day, full day and two day courses all over Essex for your staff, volunteers, trustees and committee members. Or we can come up with a course tailored to your charity's needs and deliver it in house.
Six Reasons to train with us
- We get results. 94% of people we trained last year say they are now performing better in their jobs, and 92% of charities who sent their staff to us say their organisation has become more efficient as a result.
- Expert trainers, high quality training. Our trainers are the voluntary sector's top experts in leadership, management, fundraising and communications, ready to give you the best quality training. Last year, 99% of people we trained said our trainers were either "excellent" or "good".
- Low costs. We know times are tough. We work hard to get funding to subsidise the costs of our training for charities and community groups from a range of sources. As A Non-for-Profit all funds are invested to support the sector.
- No travel. Why travel to London when you can receive the same high quality training on your doorstep? Our courses run throughout Essex, at venues convenient to you.
- Suitable for big and small charities. We have training to suit everyone - whether you're from a new or small group looking for basic guidance or from a bigger, well established organisation looking for more advanced advice.
- Relevant training. We work with charities, voluntary sector organisations and community groups. This means our training is totally relevant to you and your needs.