Data Protection can be a complex and bewildering subject, but it is one that can have an enormous impact on both individuals and organisations
This one-hour webinar looks at the provisions in the Data Protection Act and the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations. It takes account of the new Fundraising Regulator and the new EU Regulation on Data Protection, and sets out a commonsense approach to providing people with the right information and options.Suitable both for organisations who are just starting out and want to make sure they are doing things right, and also for those embarking on a review of their practice.
- What is Data Protection?
- The 8 Data Protection principles
- EU regulation (latest news regarding this at time)
- Data Protection and fundraising regulation
- How can you avoid the kind of mistakes that generate complaints?
- This webinar looks at all this and more - there will be opportunity to submit your individual questions during the webinar
Benefits to you
You will be able to benefit from being trained by one of the sector’s leading experts in this area without leaving your desk!
Paul Ticher is one of the country's leading experts in Data Protection in the voluntary sector, with experience going back to the mid-1980s when he designed and delivered training courses on the 1984 Data Protection Act, wrote extensively on the topic, and developed Data Protection strategies. He is a well-known independent consultant specialising in Data Protection, information management and IT strategy and a widely-respected trainer, researcher and author.
A note about webinars
This training will be run online at the advertised time using the product GoToWebinar which is free for you to use. The webinar takes place over the internet and allows you to:
- see what is on the trainer's screen;
- hear what he is saying;
- participate in a variety of ways, including by voice, by typing messages and by completing polls and surveys during and after the webinar.
The process of participating in a webinar is quite straightforward,and instructions will be sent after registration.
Note: GoToWebinar supports Windows machines and Macs, but unfortunately not Linux.