Mentoring is to support and encourage people to maximise their potential, develop their skills, improve their performance and become the person they want to be.
Designed for people who already have some experience of mentoring and wish to develop and improve their skills as well as reflecting on their practice.
- the key skills and values associated with mentoring
- ensuring you are working within relevant guidelines and legislation
- working within appropriate boundaries
- how to seek help from others if necessary
- evaluating your own performance as a mentor
- explaining and evaluating the benefits for the person being mentored
- developing your own skills and learning to improve your performance
Benefits to you
You will be able to use this training session as a tool to reflect on and improve your own learning and skills in this area as well as having the benefit of discussing ideas in depth with others who are undertaking the same roles under the guidance of the trainer who has substantial experience in this field. You will also have the opportunity of working towards an accredited qualification in Mentoring if desired. This requires some pre and post course work.
* This course counts towards the Gateway Qualifications Level 2 Award in Mentoring. Part one 'Understanding Mentoring' runs on 23rd November 2017. Delegates must attend and pass both these courses to gain the award.
However delegates successfully completing each individual course will receive an accredited certificate as well.
The course fee includes a charge for accreditation.