This one-day course concentrates on Speaking Skills in delivering a talk and allows time for participants to prepare and deliver a very short talk, if they wish, or concentrate on developing structures for a talk. This course will be particularly useful for people who have to go out and deliver talks on their organisation, their services or their projects.
- Understanding the causes and physical / mental signs of nerves and potential solutions for overcoming these
- Practical preparation for giving a talk – what to find out in advance about the venue, the audience, the talk itself
- Developing your voice range – practical exercises
- Effective body language and developing your word power
- How to structure a talk and effective beginnings and endings
- Interesting and dynamic structures to use and how to project your personality through your talk
- Effective visual aids and how to use them
Benefits to you
This course will enable participants to develop their skills in putting together and delivering interesting and dynamic talks that will engage and inspire their audience. It is suitable for people working in the voluntary and community sector, for statutory agencies or in business.