Email bulletins can be one of the most effective ways of staying in touch with your supporters, donors and volunteers. But with in-boxes more crowded than ever, how do you make yours stand out? How do your ensure people actually read your email – and act on it?
This half-day course introduces the techniques used by professional email marketers, giving you plenty of tips and tricks to get the best possible results from your emails.
Aimed at anyone who regularly sends bulk emails using an email service provider such as Mailchimp, the focus of the course is on simple, evidence-based techniques that can improve the results of your newsletters and bulletins. You will learn how to create attention-grabbing emails that are more likely to be opened, read and clicked on.
- Writing effective subject lines and teaser text
- Using split testing to maximise responses
- Making the most of the 'from' field
- When and how often to send emails
- Setting up autoresponders and welcome emails
- Creating more engaging content
- Using special offers and promotions to increase engagement.
Benefits to you
You will gain a thorough understanding of fundamental email marketing techniques and current best practice in the field. You will also leave with plenty of practical ideas for reviewing and improving your emails.
You may also be interested in the AM session 'Promoting Your Organisation Using Facebook'.